Monday, January 4, 2010

Love it, hate it.

First, I hate pharma commercials. I mean really, what is the point?
Why in the world congress allowed drug makers the ability to bypass
physicians is beyond me. Now we are subjected to non stop ads about
depression, urinary issues, osteoperosis, and a seemingly endless
supply of ED commercials. (can someone please explain to me what the
two tubs are for?)

Love it: Costco's return policy.
For anyone buying an xbox, there is a little know issue called the red
ring of death. Basically, xboxes made in the first two years had as
high as a 50% failure rate!

http://gizmodo.com/5339915/survey-xbox-360-failure-rate-is-over-50-people-dont-care

Well, I recently came home to find my beloved xbox in a state of red-
ringedness and was dismayed at the thought of waiting 4 weeks for it
to get repaired by Microsoft. However in checking my receipt I
happened to buy this at Costco. Costco's return policy is that
customer's should be completely satisfies with their purchases* and
upon checking I was told to bringy xbox in for a full refund, two
years after I bought it!

I am now a VERY dedicated Costco shopper!

*does not apply to TVs or computers but they will double your
manufacturer warranty on TVs and they give you 90 days to return vs 30
days at most places.

No comments:

Post a Comment