My next gripe for the day is my iPhone. As a tech enthusiast of sorts (read: crazed technology enthusiast) I was really excited to get an iPhone after waiting for 2 years for my old T-Mobile contract to expire and then switching jobs to a company that supported the iPhone.
I was so excited to have my new phone that I put shrink wrap around it for the first week until a suitable screen protector and case showed up to protect my SuperPhone from any scratches. Now 3 months in I have some opinions.
Opinion #1. The iPhone is a really neat device.
I love the apps (especially the games, mint.com, ESPN, GPS, Weather, and the internet in my hand).
As a former BlackBerry junkie, I even find that the keyboard is more than adequate and I would be willing to bet that I could out type most BlackBerry users with the iPhone's great smart text features. I find myself staring at the phone and being in awe of the functionality.
Opinion #2. The network is worse than cleaning toilets in Newark Airport with your tongue.
I mean really? I was on T-Mobile for years (and Sprint before that) and always felt like I was on the "inferior" network, even though I rarely had a complaint about the service or usability. Well - now that I am on the super-de-super 5 bars in all places AT&T network - I want to scream!
This is the sad reality. MAYBE, just maybe, 1 out of three calls I do happens from start to finish without dropping. Today as I sat in the aforementioned fabulous Newark airport and tried to get some work done I made 34 calls. Great right? The best part - I WAS ONLY TRYING TO CALL 5 PEOPLE. I couldn't get through more than 60 seconds without the calls dropping. (these are real numbers by the way. I try really hard to not exaggerate). The irony - I tried to call AT&T to complain but I got cut off with them 5 times!
A joke. I am seriously trying to figure out if I can return the phone I love so much. Awesome phone, Newark toilet network.
No comments:
Post a Comment